We invest primarily in companies with stable cash-flow profiles across a range of sectors, including:
- Transportation: Aviation, Automotive, etc.
- Real Estate: Rental, Home Rehab and Resale, New Home Development, etc.
- Energy: Solar Energy, Consumer Electric Retailing, etc.
- Consumer: Healthcare, Consumer ABS, etc.
Our mandates enable us to invest in the equity and/or debt of companies such as mortgage lenders, auto lenders, etc. These firms are often platforms filling a market niche that has grown after the Global Financial Crisis.
We participate in certain credit strategies over time on an opportunistic basis.
- Investment in corporate credit (and mortgage) securities
- Implementation of quantitatively-based strategies that rely on modeling security and portfolio credit risk and/or discount to modeled fair value
- Examples of these strategies include investment in collateralized loan obligations (CLOs), portfolios of corporate credits, convertible bonds, and mortgage securities
We invest in portfolio participation structures by which financial institutions may obtain regulatory capital relief.
We implement transactions in various ways, with risk exposure to institutions' underlying balance sheet assets, ranging from investment grade to high yield exposures, and beyond.
This strategy fills a market need that has grown since the Global Financial Crisis.